Easter Sunday Worship Service
The words to the hymns are printed below the Order of Worship if you want to sing along.
Organ Introduction (Becky)
- Piece: “Lift High the Cross”
Spoken Introduction (Pastor Erin)
- Piece: “All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name!”
- Arr. Abby Phillips Lockaby
- Musicians: Erin Newcomb-Moore, violin; Becky Isaacson, piano
Opening Prayer & Lord’s Prayer (Pastor Erin)
- Title & Number: “Christ the Lord is Risen Today” # 302
- Verses - 1 & 4
Scripture: John 20:1-18 (NRSV)
- Piece: “I Know That My Redeemer Lives”
- Composer: Craig Courtney
- Musicians: Sonja Funk, soprano; Erin Newcomb-Moore, violin; Becky Isaacson, piano
Sermon (Pastor René)
- Title: “While it was still dark”
- Title & Number: “Easter People, Raise Your Voices” # 304
- Verses:1 & 2
Benediction (Pastor René)
Hallelujah Chorus (recorded Easter Sunday 2019)
(Thank You & Announcements - Pastor Erin)
Christ the Lord is Risen Today (UMH 302)
- Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!
- Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like him, like him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!
Easter People, Raise Your Voices (UMH 304)
- Easter people, raise your voices,
Sounds of heaven in earth should ring.
Christ has brought us heaven’s choices;
Heavenly music, let it ring.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Easter people, let us sing.
- Fear of death can no more stop us
From our pressing here below.
For our Lord empowered us to
Triumph over every foe.
Alleluia! Alleluia! On to victory now we go.