Thanks to Pastor René, Pastor Erin, Becky, Devon, Wynton, and our videographers Chris and Nic for this excellent worship service recorded for Palm Sunday, April 5.
The words to the hymns are printed below the Order of Worship if you want to sing along.
Order of Worship
April 5, 2020
- Piece: “The Solid Rock”
- Composer/Arr: Brant Adams
- Musician: Wynton Jarvinen, trumpet
Opening Prayer & Lord’s Prayer (Pastor René)
Opening Hymn: #278 “Hosanna, Loud Hosanna”
Scripture Reading (Pastor Erin)
- Piece: “How Great Thou Art”
- Composer/Arr: Mary McDonald
- Musician: Devon Bakum, soprano
Sermon (Pastor Rene)
- Title: “What did you expect?”
Closing Hymn: #154 “All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name”
Benediction - (Pastor René)
Thank you and Announcements - (Pastor Erin)
Hymns for Palm Sunday
Hosanna, Loud Hosanna (UMH 278)
1 Hosanna, loud hosanna the little children sang; through pillared court and temple the lovely anthem rang. To Jesus, who had blessed them, close folded to his breast, the children sang their praises, the simplest and the best.
2 From Olivet they followed mid an exultant crowd, the victory palm branch waving, and chanting clear and loud. The Lord of earth and heaven rode on in lowly state, nor scorned that little children should on his bidding wait.
All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name (UMH 154)
1. All hail the power of Jesus' name! Let angels prostrate fall; bring forth the royal diadem, and crown him Lord of all. Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown him Lord of all.
5. Crown him, ye martyrs of your God, who from his altar call; extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod, and crown him Lord of all. Extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod, and crown him Lord of all.
6. O that with yonder sacred throng we at his feet may fall! We'll join the everlasting song, and crown him Lord of all. We'll join the everlasting song, and crown him Lord of all.